What is a Virtual CISO?
With continued cyber threats and an increase in compliance needs, many businesses are considering the recruitment of a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to develop, implement and take senior-level executive responsibility for the information security programme. The role includes the management of procedures and policies to protect the business from both internal and external threats.
The CISO is responsible for predicting emerging threats and monitoring any security flaws and risks within the infrastructure. However, given that security budgets are often stretched, this is an expensive role to account for. Do you require a full-time CISO in the business or could an alternative option be to engage an outsourced Virtual CISO (vCISO) service?
Can a Virtual CISO help my business?
It’s not only about the budget for this role; it’s about the business requirement for the role. As with an in-house CISO, a Virtual CISO will unify your strategic and operational functions. The Virtual CISO will execute security measures and will also implement a structure and process to ensure that all employees comply with policies and procedures as well as making sure that all staff remain current in their awareness of the threats to the business.
Due to the nature of their work and skill set, our experienced Virtual CISOs can often deliver more quickly and efficiently than a full-time employee as they are focused on clear KPIs and not juggling tasks with day to day work. The Virtual CISO provides an independent role, so they can manage projects such as breach and incident response and forensics if necessary. They require little/no supervision and provide a service which allows the rest of the business to continue to function with minimal disruption, but with greater assurance that they are protected.
The Virtual CISO role is scaled to your business needs and your organisation will have both on-site and remote access to your security expert. The organisation also has full flexibility with the Virtual CISO’s length of contract. Our services range from a few hours per month to an interim full-time role.
This service will help your business to:
- Increase the cyber security maturity of your organisation through a cost-effective service;
- Gain a resource that can articulate security and technical issues in a clear and actionable manner to non-technical senior management;
- Access an established network of reliable and trusted contacts;
- Enable your internal team to function on day-to-day operational needs;
- Gain the best ideas from multiple environments and industry experience.
Why 2|SEC Consulting?
- We tailor our service to the exact needs of your business;
- We have both business advisory and technical assurance teams which work with our CISOs;
- Our CISOs are specialist professionals who are skilled and experienced in solving technical and business challenges to reduce exposure to cyber risks;
- Our CISOs have previously had leadership and CISO roles and have a wealth of experience;
- Our CISOs work with your in-house IT team to transfer knowledge and build expertise in the team.
Do you need aN in-house CISO?
“2|SEC Consulting is a cyber security consultancy that supports you throughout an engagement. They are always available, extremely knowledgeable in their field and have been a great extension to our in-house security team.”Principal Engineer