What is the NIST CyberSecurity Framework?
The National Institute of Standards and Technology unveiled its first cybersecurity framework in 2014, following President Obama’s proposition in 2013, acknowledging that much needs to be done to enhance cybersecurity in critical infrastructures.
The latest version 1.1 was released in April 2018; and was quickly adopted by financial services organisations worldwide, as being the most recent, most relevant; and most practical way to ensure cyber defences are up to scratch.
Why use the NIST CyberSecurity Framework 1.1?
NIST have put an incredible amount of time, resource and money into developing the most advanced security standard there is today. It eclipses other standards in terms of practical cyber defence, such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and PCI DSS. That’s not to say these standards do not have their place, but they are not fit for purpose when defending critical infrastructures against determined attackers.
- Protect your company’s profits and reputation – by avoiding financial disaster and negative publicity associated with a compromise of critical infrastructure.
- Satisfy regulatory requirements – whilst it’s a voluntary standard, financial services firms are under heavy pressure to adopt the NIST CyberSecurity framework as soon as possible.
- Peace of mind – that your ciritcal data is protected from cyber criminals, internal threats and malware.
- Reassurance that your valuable assets – are identified; and steps are taken to secure them.
- Protection against compliance breaches – and subsequent regulatory fines and potential law suits.
- Evidence to support increased investments – in security personnel and technology.
- Independent expert assurance – that your data is adequately protected.
How can 2|SEC help with NIST?
2|SEC are global leaders in compliance; and have worked extensively in all types of cyber security standards even before NIST. We know what works; and what doesn’t; and our expert team of Security Consultants are here to help you every step of the way.
Fully accredited – We hold a range of accreditations both at a corporate and individual level including CREST , QSA, PA-QSA, Cyber Essentials Plus, IASME Gold, CHECK, CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS-GIAC and CEH.
Access to a dedicated Customer Success Manager – We know that you’ll have a lot of questions throughout this process so you’ll have direct phone and email contact with your own go-to person.
Bespoke improvement programme – We will develop a cyber security maturity programme that suits the business profile of your company no matter how big or small.
High levels of customer satisfaction and retention rates – Many of our clients have been with us since day one.
An industry leading expert in compliance – Our highly experienced security consultants have been performing compliance and security assessments for more than two decades.
Streamlined compliance approach – we use a number of tools and expert methodology to get the job done as quickly and as efficiently as possible, without compromising your programme.
We communicate clearly – Our mission is to ‘simplify security’ and we will communicate any issues or remediation recommendations in a clear and jargon-free way, understood both by your engineering and senior management teams alike.
Easy to understand reporting – We will provide you a detailed breakdown of all your results in an easily interpretable format.
Transparent proposals – With inclusive pricing so you get no unexpected surprises.